Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sunrise...

...the promise, and blessing, of a new day.

I never get tired of watching the sun come up...

So... after posting my list of 20 things I wondered if maybe I shouldn't have...

Maybe it was too personal.

Maybe it would make people feel uncomfortable.

I thought about deleting it.

But then I decided no, I would leave it.

I didn't post it to make people feel bad, or guilty... but because, as Stephanie touched on in her comment, many times people just don't know what to do when a family is struggling with the mental illness of a child. People who really want to be supportive, and would know exactly the right thing to do if there was a death in the family, or the child of a friend was struggling with a serious injury or illness... don't seem to know how to be supportive when that serious illness is a mental illness.

So they do nothing.

They don't know what to say...

...so they say nothing.

They really want to be supportive... but they don't know how.

While my list is very specific to our situation, hopefully it gives at least a few good ideas for that unknown"how".

So the post is going to stay...

And hopefully people will understand the spirit in which it was written.

No comments: