Monday, April 4, 2011

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small
FOR TODAY

April 4, 2011

Outside my window... the sun is shining, melting away the few inches of snow that fell yesterday.

I am thinking... about my brother Steve. We watched the movie "Leap Year" last night and the male lead (Declan) always reminds me of Steve.

I am thankful for... this beautiful spring day.

From the learning rooms...it's hard to stay inside and get school done when the newness of spring is calling to us from outdoors. It's going to take a fair amount of will power to get a full week's worth of school done this week.

From the kitchen... biscuits and gravy, roast potato chunks and home canned peaches for dinner last night. I use my sister's recipe for the gravy and it is SO good. We don't have it often any more because it's a bit rich for M to digest, but Mmmmm... it does taste good.

I am wearing... jeans, brown long sleeved t-shirt, and my khaki button down shirt with the Longhopes logo.

I am creating... a bit of music when I get the chance, and I've been working outside a lot lately... creating a little order and beauty in a long neglected corner of the back yard.  The heavy work out there is just about done.. I've turned the dirt that needed it, took the chicken fence down, moved some landscaping timbers, laid landscaping fabric, then covered the landscape fabric with 3-4" of wood shavings, and made (most of ) a little flagstone path.  I still need a bit more flagstone (maybe today...) and the materials for the rock garden. I love seeing "something" taking shape where there had just been weeds and dirt before.

I am going... to have to make at least one trip to the hardware store this week... I've got the "fix it up" bug.


I am hearing... a quiet house, the kids are in their rooms for quiet time... a very peaceful time of the day.

Around the house... things are finally getting moving on finishing the basement! After almost canceling the project, due to fears that the electrical panel couldn't handle the extra draw (and predictions that it might be unsafe...) we had an electrician look at the electrical system and the plans and he says we're good to go and should have plenty of power... with no risk of overloading any circuits. With any luck the framing will start a week from today (or so... very little starts on time you know...)

One of my favorite things... snow, it was so beautiful yesterday.

A few plans for the rest of the week... R gets her locs tightened, we have a planning meeting for M with the CCB, we are going to a member's night at the museum, the farriers supposed to come... oh, and I think we've having a couple of tons of hay delivered (which means R and I will have to clean out the hay storage area in the barn and restack the hay we still have to make room for the new. School of course will have to get done too. ;)

A picture I'm sharing...

spring buds~




Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: