Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Catchin' up

I haven't had much time to blog lately...  I've been working outside every spare moment, trying to get a bunch of outside work done before the weather changes. We hired a "handyman" last weekend to do the work that's too high or too heavy for me, and he and I worked on the house virtually all weekend. Mostly we're painting.... the main part of the house is stucco which doesn't need paint, but the trim on both house and barn badly needed paint this year.

So.... I've been painting (and painting, and PAINTING...) and letting most everything else go.

The end is in sight though, the barn trim is almost done and I've only got four house windows left.  I wish I could find someone to repaint the exterior of the barn... It needs to be sprayed and I just haven't been able to find anyone to do it. :(

I still want to decorate the north side of our barn with a bit of "barn art"... I wish I had a taller ladder. Designing and painting the "art" would be fun... if I had some way to get up high enough to paint it. (This barn isn't ours of course, but I love it's barn art. I wouldn't put quite that much on my barn... I'm thinking just eyes and a smile, and smaller in proportion to the side of our little barn...)



Sigh... that might have to wait for another year.

Anyway... all is well here... just very busy... be back soon. :)

No comments: