Tuesday, September 13, 2011

No way...

... it can't have been a week since I last blogged!

Ok... so maybe it has.

The week zoomed by at warp speed... here are a few highlights:

1 blown truck motor

2 full days looking for a new truck for Joe

3 days (so far) of dd#2 visiting from Chicago... It's been so good to see her, it's been 9 months since she was here... the longest time she's ever been away from home.

4 hours that I had to fast this morning before a stress test... but it ended up being a 10 hour fast instead because the test was scheduled for 9:00 a.m. and there is no way I was going to get up at 4:45 a.m. to eat!

5 emails (yes FIVE!) back and forth this afternoon with the transition program M is going to, about finalizing his IEP. I'm so ready to throw in the towel... this is NO fun. I want my uncomplicated fulltime homeschooling days back!!

6 (or was it 60?) trucks we looked at trying to find one that Joe liked and we could afford

7 days until M's hip surgery... and we're all starting to stress and worry about how his gut will handle another surgery.

8 hours is the time I have, from right this minute, to completely organize my records from the past five years of M's homeschooling and create a "transcript" that matches their graduation requirements, for the transition program he's in. They say I really need to have it ready for the IEP meeting tomorrow morning. Let's see... sleep... or make a transcript...what should I do? Ha... sleep wins by a mile. They are just going to have to wait for their "transcript"!

We also celebrated a birthday this week (mine :) )... Can you tell how old I am? (I see no reason to constantly buy new birthday candles... reusing works well for me and if we don't have the right numerals, a little math will take care of it!)

... I had a wonderful time at my lovely granddaughter's grandparent's day at school...

... and found this cool Periodic Table of Elements game at the Goodwill store.

Life has to slow down soon. If nothing else, M's surgery will slow us all down...

If you have sent me an email or left me a message (which would be virtually everyone I know!), thank you... I'll call (reply) soon! :)

No comments: