Thursday, October 13, 2011

A nice surprise and a big thank you!

I got a nice surprise in my mailbox this afternoon... mixed in with the bills and ads was the October/November issue of Mary Janes Farm Magazine. At first I assumed the mailman had, once again, left someone else's mail in my mailbox (and left my mail who-knows-where!) but no... it's addressed to me.

What a nice surprise! Thank you to whoever subscribed me... I can already tell it's going to be a favorite.

R and I looked through the magazine quickly (while she was doing school) and have already found a recipe for Spicy Pumpkin Warm-Up that sounded so good I've got a pumpkin already on the stove cooking so we can give it a try now and, if it's as good as it sounds, add it to our Thanksgiving menu.

Here's the recipe (so you don't have to strain your eyes trying to read it from the photo!)...

Spicy Pumpkin Warm-Up

2 pints whipping cream

1/2 cup sugar

1/3 cup canned pumpkin (we'll use our own pumpkin, not canned)

1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1/2 tsp vanilla

Garnish: whipped cream, additional pumpkin pie spice


Combine cream and sugar in saucepan over medium heat; stir until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in pumpkin until well blended; add pumpkin pie spice and vanilla. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until mixture is warm. Pouor into mugs and serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of spice. Serves 4-6.

Mmmm....

No more time to write...gotta go finish dinner now. :)

No comments: