Saturday, February 2, 2013

Change...

... can be good.

But it can also be hard.

Our dd#3 (K) left today for the Peace Corps... For the next 27  months she'll be living in West Africa.

It's an amazing, awesome opportunity for her. I'm proud, happy, jealous... but also sad and missing her already.

I'd thought I was done with blogging... It was taking a lot of time, and it seemed like everything I had to say I'd already said... and all the pictures of pretty snowy days or windy summer pastures had already been posted.

But then K left, and I started thinking that she might want to have a place, while she's away, to see what we're up to here at home. Internet will probably be sporadic at best where she'll be living, but hopefully she'll have a little online time.

So, Woodstone Prairie blog is up and running again...  so K has a place to check out what's going on at home while she's away.

Here are a few random photos from the past few weeks...

My brother, Loren (who was also in the Peace Corps) who came for a PCV to PCV visit with K.



Loren brought a gift for me... a mandolin. I've been playing almost non-stop since he left...  ;)

Here's a (slightly fuzzy) photo K took of me showing the difficulties of trying to play the mando while talking on the phone...



And K and R playing a lovely little duet on K's last night at home...



And finally, the rising sun burning through the fog one early morning last week...



No comments: