Wednesday, February 20, 2013

non-stop excitement!

It's been an exciting week around here... relatively speaking... keeping in mind that big excitement around here can be as simple as the UPS guy driving down the driveway!


M played in his last basketball tournament for the year. His team didn't win, but he didn't care... he just loves playing.





R is working on a new tune for her ukulele lesson, "Music of the Night" Yes, it's from Phantom of the Opera... her uke teacher actually took the time to pick it out for her because the Phantom has some of her most favorite music ever.



I farm-sat for my neighbor's alpacas for a few days.... I've been her farm sitter for years, but each year she has more alpacas than the year before, and this year there were LOTS of alpacas...



They were everywhere...



They have no respect for personal space.

I got spit on twice.



I paid myself with alpaca poo (so good for my gardens).



The kids and I sang the "Beverly Hillbillies" theme song as we drove our tractor (oops, tractor wouldn't start, had to take K's car...) up the road, filled the muck bucket and little trailer with alpaca poo, then drove back down the road and hauled it around to the pumpkin patch to dump.





It just doesn't get much more exciting than driving down a washboard road, singing old TV theme songs, watching a stinky trailer bouncing around behind the car in the rearview mirror (while silently praying no one you know will drive by).

(Sorry K, I really will sell your car... or buy it myself... soon... I promise.)



There's just never a dull moment around here!

No comments: