Thursday, May 30, 2013

a jam emergency

I tossed and turned most of last night, thinking about all the things I still need to do before M's graduation.

There is grass to cut...

weeds to pull...

manure to shovel...

food and other supplies to buy....

a house to clean...

and 101 other little tasks that I'd like to have done by Saturday.

So what did I do when I got up this morning?

I made jam.

I had some wonderful fresh strawberries in the frig that just needed to be made into jam.

I was late feeding Murphy and Tucker, skipped my breakfast entirely, and trashed the kitchen.



`





But I have lovely jam from spring's first strawberries.







And I figure everything else will get done eventually (or it won't ;) )



Mmmm... sometimes the "must do's" just have to take a backseat to a jam emergency.

No comments: