Tuesday, June 25, 2013

early summer garden

What a difference a month makes!



Here's my little kitchen garden last month right after planting...





`

... and just four weeks later!







Everything is green and growing well. We've already had plenty of lettuce, radishes, rhubarb, strawberries... and the herbs of course.  It will probably be another 3-4 weeks for tomatoes, carrots (planted late) and peppers. I'm guessing just another week or two for green beans.



The fruit trees are looking wonderful and healthy, but will probably not produce anything this year because of a late, heavy freeze. :(

`



`

(The fruit trees were planted where they were, in part, to screen our view of the house on the hill... it looks like they finally getting big enough to start doing their job!)

I'm keeping my finger's crossed for no major wind storms, and no large hail... If we can avoid those it looks like we're going to have a bumper crop this year!

I like this picture I took the other night, from almost the same place as the previous picture, during the big full moon the other eveninng...

No comments: