Friday, June 7, 2013

The Cody Channel... all Cody, all the time

Hi, I'm Cody. My family found me at the Dumb Friends League a few years ago. There had obviously been a terrible mistake made, because I ended up in a cage at the shelter... which really didn't suit me at all since I'm a tough, outdoor type of dog.  I was really happy when my family chose me to take home with them... I think they were looking for a Guard Dog, which describes me perfectly. At the shelter they said I was a mixed breed. I'm pretty sure I'm a cross between a border collie and a rottweiler (brains and brawn, you know...),  but I heard my family say something about shih-tzu and bichon frise (I wonder what those are).



`

I protect my family against all threats.

`



`

That's my main job... Protector-of-the-Family.

I am also training my family to pick up after themselves by taking care of the things they leave laying around. They aren't very smart, but they are learning... I'm a very patient teacher.





My main job though is Protector-of-the-Family, the house, the barn, the back pasture, the front pasture, the trees, the garden, the birdfeeder, the porch, the road...

And I am absolutely fearless!

`

`

Except when it thunders...

or my family leaves...

or someone raises their voice...

or the wind tricks me into thinking there is someone on the roof...

or the kids next door play with pop guns.

It's really very hard to keep track of all those life-threatening things at the same time...

So my family bought me this special shirt to wear. It's not silly frou-frou clothes like those little dogs people carry around with them wear. (I'm way too big and tough for that!) No, this is tough-dog clothes. I heard them call it a thundershirt.

This is what the BIG TOUGH canines wear when it thunders.

`



`

I'm not sure why my family likes me to wear this thing... maybe it's kind of like a super-hero cape that will help increase my super canine protecting  powers.

`



`

I'll have to ask the border collie next door.

No comments: