Friday, July 19, 2013

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small




FOR TODAY

Outside my window...

The sun is just coming up, there is a blanket of low clouds covering most of the sky, and it smells like rain.  The grass, gardens, and trees are mid-summer green, and the yard is alive with birds and a few rabbits. Thankfully the fierce wind of the past few days has stopped...

After writing this post, I went outside and feel that, in the interests of full disclosure, I should update what's "outside my window"

Outside my window... the updated version:  The sun is up, the blanket of clouds from earlier is breaking up, and  it smells like rain because I left the hose on last night. Everything is nice and green, and the yard is full of birds including a dead robin by the birdbath that I will have to dispose of before I can let the dogs out. In addition to the rabbits enjoying their breakfast (I've got plenty of lettuce in the garden...) apparently a skunk has just visited because the air outside, and inside, the house suddenly reeks of his irritability. Thankfully the wind has stopped but not before blowing one of the roof joists off the shed. ;)

I am thinking...

...about doing some furniture rearranging, and wondering what to do with a certain massive roll top desk that I'm babysitting. I want the space it's in for something else... there must be somewhere I can move it.

I am thankful...

...that all my "chicks" are healthy and safe. It's funny how you don't stop worrying about them once they reach adulthood.

In the kitchen...

M's gastroparesis has been flaring up this week and he's been pretty sick off and on so I'm having to be VERY careful about what he eats. I think I might put some chicken in the crock pot for soup tonight, he should be able to digest chicken soup.

I am creating...

I've got several projects in the works, I'm not sure what I'm going to start first. I really could use a few cold rainy days to help jump start these inside projects.

I am going...

... to mostly stay home today if I can get away with it. M gets so unsettled when we aren't going and doing, but it's been such a busy week (and the weekend will be a busy one) that we could use some time at home.


I am reading...

...another oldie I picked up at the thrift store. Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert Massie. I read and loved this book as a teenager and thought it would be fun to read it again. (And it is!)

I am hoping...

M's GI system settles down again soon so can start eating more normally (for him) and isn't so angry and irritable about food.

Around the house...

We're still working on the shed, it's coming along... but slowly... roof joists are going up now with plywood to hopefully follow this weekend. Then the roof can go on!

One of my favorite things...

A nice cup of Barry's tea to start the day.

A few plans for the rest of the week...

I'm hoping to get the last of the thistles in the gully cut down today and get some serious school done this afternoon. S is coming tomorrow for the movie in the park, and an overnight. I think we'll probably wander through the Farmer's Market on Sunday before taking her home.


A peek into my day...

... rain chimes in the early morning sun.



Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: