Wednesday, July 24, 2013

pumpkin patch

I grow a little pumpkin patch every year... Pumpkins are about my most favorite thing to grow, there is little that gives you more bang for your buck than pumpkins... Plant a few seeds, give them plenty of water, and soon you are overflowing with pumpkin vines, with their tiny tendrils and huge orange/yellow flowers. And come Fall, you can turn your nose up at the $5. pumpkins the stores are offering knowing you have enough for pies, breads, jack-o-lanterns, freezing, decorating and sharing with the neighbors!

We've been lucky not to have any hail storms so far this year, so my pumpkin patch is especially pretty this summer.

I thought I'd share...

Come on in!



`

(My pumpkin patch is enclosed with a 5' fence... otherwise there would be no pumpkin patch, it would all be deer dessert.

`



`

An escapee...





`



`



`

No comments: