Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thrifting Thursday (shed construction #3)

I guess it's been a while since I posted an update on the shed. It's coming along slooooooooowly, but it's coming.



The doors are up, but only halfway finished. The "base" for each door is an exterior grade fiberboard which Joe was  told would be sturdier and more water resistant than plywood (we'll see...), on that base I'll layer 1x4's (or old pallet planks) distressed, stained, and coated with a good wood protectant. It should turn out something like this: (only without the top track, we're using regular side hinges)





I trimmed out around the door with 1x4's and as soon as the plywood is up on the roof, I'll finish the corners the same way and can start painting.

The roof has been slow going, we've had a lot of windy days lately and it's hard to work up high when it's so windy. Joe's even had to redo parts of the roof he had started and the wind blew apart before he could finish!



The shed needs to be done before the first snow fall, so we have a couple of months, maybe a little more, to get it done.

I think we'll make it... :)



No comments: