Friday, August 30, 2013

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small




FOR TODAY

Outside my window... The sun isn't up yet, and the trees are casting silhouettes of their shapes against the dove gray of the predawn sky.

I am thinking... too much... my thoughts have been working overtime all week.

I am thankful... for so much... a safe, secure home, my children.. all safe and doing well, my husband and family... so many blessings.

In the kitchen... kitchen, what's that? After eating out TOO MUCH for a week while we had company in and out and events to celebrate, I'm rediscovering my kitchen and enjoying making my own dinner for a change.

I am creating... I"m knitting up a few dishcloths (but that doesn't really count as "creating"), I'm drawing plans for the barn art for the shed, and working on a new mando tune: Delahunty's Hornpipe.

I am going...to have a busy couple of days... I have to pick up S this evening, B (dd#2) is coming for dinner, M, R and S have Special Olympics bowling in the morning (early!) followed by a shift working a booth at the Smokin' Brew BBQ event in town. By tomorrow afternoon we'll be collapsing with heat and tiredness...

I am hoping... the visit with S goes well. She has so much anger over all that has happened to her, it's hard for everyone when it bubbles over the surface.

I am looking forward to... Sunday... the first day of September... my all time favorite month of the year!

Around the house... I haven't been working around the house much this summer, it's been all outside work... I'm eager to move back to inside work as the weather cools.

A peek into my day...

a deer and her fawn peeking at me through the bushes




______________________________

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: