Friday, September 13, 2013

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small




FOR TODAY

Outside my window...  although it's after 6 it's still dark, very dark as the sky covered with a thick layer of clouds dark... and it's raining. Again. (or maybe still) No flooding here, thank goodness, and I've never been more thankful for a barn with a huge hay loft to keep our hay, and animals, out of the weather.

I am thinking... about how nice the quiet of the early morning is.

I am thankful... for the blessings of the "ordinary" days we've been having.

In the kitchen... I made rellenos and a big pot of green chili last night. Mmmm....my favorite dinner!

I am creating... I've been working to replenish my supply of knitted dishcloths (almost 4 done, I'd like to make another one or two) and working on learning some new mando tunes from the book my brother sent me. The book is Christmas music with "variations"; more complex arrangements and fingerings added to the simple old melodies. I'm having way too much fun working my way through the old familiar and old but new-to-me Christmas carols.

I am going... to brave the rain and go do the barn work in a minute. We've gone from 90+ degrees last week to needing to bundle up in a coat and big rain slicker this week. No I'm not complaining... this works for me. :)

I am hoping... M's "movie night with the guys" tonight works out. He's been so looking forward to having a couple of friends over to watch "guy" movies and hang out. I hope the rain doesn't throw a damper on the evening.

I am looking forward to... taking the kids for a day trip next week to the Pikes Peak Cog Railway. I was hoping to do it this week, but  it's been TOO rainy. Next week should be perfect.

I am learning... some new mando tunes. Note to fingers: limber and quicken up!

Around the house... I've started working on a game table a bought a month or two ago. It's a little rough now, and still in the "repair" stage of things... I'll share pictures later.

I am pondering... no pondering this morning, brain isn't awake enough yet. :)

A few plans for the rest of the weekend... finish shopping for daughter K's birthday, get some movies for M and his buddies to watch tonight, Special Olympics bowling tomorrow, and a quiet stay home day on Sunday.

A peek into my day...




[caption id="attachment_5257" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="rain chimes doing their thing..."][/caption]
______________________________

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: