Tuesday, October 15, 2013

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small




FOR TODAY

Outside my window... it's still dark, and I can see a few lights twinkling along the horizon.

I am thinking... of a friend of R's, a very special young woman from our homeschool group who just passed away. Despite living with constant pain and a body that greatly limited what she was able to do, she truly lived her life.  I'm happy that she's free from her pain ravaged body, but so sad too... she will be greatly missed.

I am thankful...that R had a good birthday yesterday, and for the neighbors who stopped by during the day, bringing gifts... such a nice surprise for R.

In the kitchen...we are drowning in sweets! A neighbor brought over some yummy banana muffins for us, R requested a birthday dinner of chocolate chip pancakes, and instead of birthday cake she wanted lemon meringue pie....yikes! Quick, get the salt and vinegar chips, it's way too sweet around here!

I am creating... I'm working on E's old dining room chairs, so I guess I'm creating (or re-creating) something functional.

I am going... maybe nowhere today... what a shock. ;) I thought M's swallowing study was today (so I kept today open) but when I double checked the date I see that it's tomorrow.Yay!!

I am reading... Deadline by Sandra Brown... I found it at the library the other day and it looked good.

I am hoping... M is more settled today.

I am learning... some new tunes in a mandolin book my brother got me.

Around the house...I should give the bathrooms a good cleaning, and need to get the laundry caught up... today might be a good day for both those things.

One of my favorite things... sweater weather, like today.

A few plans for the rest of the week... M has a swallowing study tomorrow, Thursday is his worksite and a get-together with the neighbors, and Friday is the kid's RCC homecoming dance.

Rather than share a photo I thought I'd close this with a favorite quote...


______________________________

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: