Monday, October 7, 2013

Happy Monday

Crazy Casa K

What makes me happy?

My back pasture.


I took a walk there yesterday evening... M had been having a rough afternoon, and the minute I saw he was starting to settle I sneaked out the door for a brief, but blessedly quiet, little walk.

Among the treasures I found...

long evening shadows stretching across the pasture


a deer family..



including twin fawns...


watching me watching them...


leaves turning from sedate late summer green to sunshine yellow and brilliant red.



The ones that had fallen looked like jewels carelessly scattered across the ground.



I even found impossibly tiny leaves changing colors...



putting on a show for no one but themselves and the field mice.


I was gone all of about 10 minutes, but I came back to the house feeling refreshed and with a renewed sense of wonder at the "everyday" gifts of nature scattered all around me.

No comments: