Saturday, October 26, 2013

Miss me yesterday?

I've been trying to keep to a good blog schedule lately, and I really enjoy posting regularly... but despite my good intentions, no blogging happened yesterday.

That's because the kids and I were busy wrapping up the fundraising drive we've been doing for our Special Olympic team. The fundraiser started about a month ago, after I'd done the research and choose a company that promised pretty good profits. I passed out the order forms to the kids, explained to them and their families what the fundraiser was for, and begged asked them to help.

I underestimated the kids in our Special Olympics team... I expected a smallish order with a modest profit. But they went out and SOLD cookie dough! (A funny story... the order form I gave to each of the kids to collect orders on had space for 18 orders. One of the boys on the team thought he had to completely fill up every single line... So he sold cookie dough until finally his mother made him stop (with 16 orders!). He got a prize for being the teams top seller. ;) )

Our order was delivered early yesterday morning and it was a lot bigger than I was expecting. I spent virtually the whole day sorting, packaging, checking and rechecking the kid's orders. This morning we packed the car full of cookie dough and took it with us to bowling practice so the kids could pick it up and make their deliveries.



It was a LOT of work, but so worth it... we ended up making about twice as much profit as I'd anticipated. Yay!

With the fundraiser done, I'm spending the rest of the day relaxing, taking it easy, and trying not to eat my cookie dough order right out of the freezer... :)



No comments: