Friday, November 22, 2013

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small




FOR TODAY

Outside my window... there are a few inches of snow on the ground and it's COLD... frigid. I'm not looking forward to the barn work this morning.

I am thinking... that I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week!

I am thankful... for Joe's safety as he's been driving from one end of town to the other on the slippery streets

In the kitchen... gearing up for Thanksgiving. The menu? Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, roast carrots (from the garden), relishes, rolls, and pie (apple, cherry and pumpkin, also from the garden) for dessert... very traditional and virtually the same every year.

I am creating... I'm working on a little Christmas project but can't say what it is in case the person it's intended for reads this. ;)

I am going... to stay home today. Staying home has been a rare thing lately, with the kids activities keeping us running most days. A day at home will be wonderful!

I am reading... a new(er) Maeve Binchy novel, A Week In Winter. I don't read her books often, but the last time I was at the library this looked good... nice and light... and it reminded me of K (dd#3) who won't be home for the holidays this year... K loves Maeve Binchy's books... so I checked it out. It's good, just what I was expecting... and makes me feel a little closer to K.

I am hoping... S does ok at Thanksgiving. There have been a few issues coming up lately that I need to talk to her foster mom about...  Hopefully none of those issues will come up over the holiday weekend.

I am looking forward to... a quiet weekend at home.

I am learning... I'm taking an "Introduction to Pharmacy" class through Coursera (I thought it made sense given all of M's meds!) and am learning a lot about the pharmacy system, resources, trends, how drugs are developed and brought to market (that one was mind-boggling!) and the huge problem of prescription drug abuse in this country... it's been a good class. I'm also still trying to get O'Carolan's Concerto down on the mandolin. ;)

One of my favorite things... a lovely snowfall like the one we got yesterday.

A few plans for the rest of the week...We don't have many plans for the weekend, which is nice... we've been on the run a lot lately. Maybe a little more Christmas shopping... I do need to run by the bookstore and pick up a book (a Christmas gift) that they are holding for me.

A peek into my day...

~the snowy classroom deck~


______________________________

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: