Friday, November 1, 2013

Frosty morning...

Just thought I'd post a few random pictures I took yesterday...

Frosty leaves thickly carpeting the yard...



The leaves crackled under my feet, and the ice made walking down the hill slippery.

I especially love the red leaves from the burning bush plants...

I'll have to remember to plant more of those next year.



When we lived in Denver I would carefully rake up the leaves and get rid of them.

But not so much here. The leaves that coat the ground are delicious treats for the deer... like this hungry guy here: (please ignore the chain hanging from the tree... it's not really attached to the buck's back)



By this time of year, now that my flowers are all frozen, I no longer think of the deer as miserable pests coming around only to decimate my flowers... eating them down to the roots.



Now, I welcome them: "Please, come eat these leaves so I won't have to rake them. Please invite your friends, bring your children... there is plenty for all!"

Hopefully they pay attention and eat well from my leaf covered yard.

No comments: