Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Twittered...

No, not the kind of twitter with a hashtag in front... the kind of twitter a small bird makes.

A friend of mine asked if we wanted her two parakeets... She had run out of room for their cage and was looking for a new home for them.

My first inclination was to say thank you, but no... we have enough pets.

But we've never had birds, and as I thought about it I decided it might be nice for R to have them in her room. As soon as I asked her about it she said she'd love to have them (naturally) and was wildly excited... She couldn't wait for my friend V to bring them over.



V brought them yesterday and they are surely cute and cheery...  R seems very happy to share her room with them. The cage was bigger than I expected, so we ran down to the thrift store where M works and found a nice desk for the cage to sit on. It's a little rough but it's just the right size, and one of these days we'll haul it outside and spruce it up with a new coat of paint on the wicker. The desk drawer is handy for R to keep their food and other supplies.



Oh, and their names are Twitter and Flutter (or Tweet, R keeps going back and forth :)  I think they'll be good company for her... especially during the cold winter months, they are so bright and cheery.

No comments: