Friday, December 6, 2013

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small




FOR TODAY

Outside my window... the sun is up, the sky is blue, but it's a cold blue... the temperature is below zero and everything is covered with a thick blanket of snow. The air is so cold it seems sharp and crackly... but the sun holds the promise of warmth.

I am thinking... that a few quiet minutes would have been nice this morning, but despite being up late last night, R is up early this morning, so quiet minutes to myself are not to be...

I am thankful...for the time at home this cold spell brought. We've been so busy the past few months, all with very good, enriching activities.. but busy nonetheless. Being home feels good...

In the kitchen... the last of the turkey is gone (hurray!) except for the frozen turkey carcass which will end up as soup very soon. Mexican food sounds very good to me, maybe I'll make some burritos and green chili for dinner!

I am creating... I'm working on all sorts of little Christmas gift projects... but they are all secret. ;)

I am going... to try and get to town today. We haven't been out since Tuesday and M won't be able to manage much more stay-at-home time.  Joe wasn't able to plow the driveway, but I think the car will make it up to the road.  I just hope it starts after sitting for so long...

I am wondering... how to talk to S's therapist about some things that have come up. It's so hard to find the words sometimes...

I am reading... The Christmas Chronicles by Jeff Guinn. I wasn't prepared to like it, I only bought it because M was pestering to read it. He lost interest in it within 2 days, and I picked it up out of curiosity... and ended up really enjoying it!  It's really three books in one... I've read one of the books and am halfway through the second. If you're curious about it hurry over to Amazon, they are clearing them out for only $2.26!

I am hoping...that M has a good day. He's been so unsettled lately, and even had a major psychotic episode over the weekend. (Maybe why #2 above, wishing for a few quiet minutes, came to mind.) It would be so nice if he was relaxed and settled today...

Around the house... I've been in the Christmas spirit and doing some decorating. Since we haven't been able to get to town, we have no tree yet (we buy fresh each year) but I've braved the cold to clip small branches from the huge blue spruce out back to decorate with here and there in the house, and my big nativity is up on the mantle.

I am pondering... a couple of situations... neither with a clear right/wrong answer. Things are so much easier when they are obviously black and white.

One of my favorite things... the fresh smell of pine in the house (thank you blue spruce,f or sharing with us)

A few plans for the rest of the week... hopefully we'll get to town today so M can work at his worksite and I can pick up a few things at the store. We'll see how the weekend goes... it's supposed to stay cold, and maybe snow again, so we might end up spending a lot of time at home. (Unless M gets too unsettled and we have to make a "mental health trip" to town!)

A peek into my day...

looking up the hill to the east as the sun is coming up...


______________________________

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: