Friday, January 24, 2014

catching up with my "African" child

I am always hungry for pictures of our daughter K, who is serving with the Peace Corps in Ghana. I tend to FB "stalk" her... looking for photos she's posted or other PC volunteers have posted of her.  (She isn't able to post often, there is no electricity in her village, so finding pictures of her is a rare treat!)

This week she's been helping out with Operation Smile, leaving her little village to stay in Tamale where the program has set up.  Here are a couple of pictures I found of her...

She looks disguised here... only her eyes give away that it's her. ;)



`

And I LOVE this one...

K with one of the patients, before surgery. It does my heart good to see K looking so happy and healthy!



They had a room set up for the children (and anyone else who would like) to make dolls. This little one seem pretty proud to be showing off her newly created doll.

This is typical K... sitting on the floor with the kids... helping to make dolls.



`

One more look at the doll making...



`

So my FB stalking paid off this time with several pictures of my girl... It feels a little like Christmas. ;)

No comments: