Tuesday, January 21, 2014

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small




FOR TODAY

Outside my window...  It's still dark... another hour or so before the sun comes up... and cold.  There are a few lights twinkling on the horizon and a bit of gray on the northeast horizon showing where the city (30 miles away) is.

I am thinking... that it's time for us to get back to our regular routine again, after having a lovely break while my sister visited this past week.

I am thankful... that she was able to come visit, for the time we spent together, the good talks, the laughter, the chance to reconnect.

I am creating... I've been working on a few little crafty projects lately, including a sign for daughter E's birthday (which is today!) and a "remember" clipboard upcycle project for my sister.

Here's the clipboard project... it's basically just an old wooden clipboard (this one used to be my mom's) painted with chalkboard paint and lettered with a paint pen. I used a bit of baker's twine to tie a piece of chalk to it... it's handy for little "don't forget" lists.


I am going... to the airport later to drop my sis off, and then a quick trip to the pharmacy and home again.

I am reading... I just finished Letters From Skye by Jessica Brockmore and loved it... I didn't want it to end!

I am hoping... R's wisdom teeth extraction tomorrow morning goes very smoothly. I will be SO happy to have it over with and I'm pretty sure she will be too (once the first miserable days are over!).

I am looking forward to... a little snow. The past warm sunny days have been nice, but I'm missing a good snow...

I am learning... I'm working on learning a new mando tune. It's in a mandolin book I've had for a long time, but I hadn't tried it yet because I was unfamiliar with the melody. I heard it played over the weekend... now that I've heard it I think I can learn it.

Around the house...  I'm about half done with a little upgrade in the main bathroom. It's mostly painted and I'll be working next on creating a "board and batten" look on the long wall of the room with wood trim pieces and white paint.

I am pondering... the mysteries of the universe. ;)

One of my favorite things... the quiet peacefulness of my early morning house.

A few plans for the rest of the week... take Jackie to the airport today, go with the kids to their RCC Four Year Celebration dinner (at the country club!) tonight, R has her wisdom teeth out tomorrow and the rest of the week is a question mark... depending on how she's feeling.

A peek into my day...

a picture that I just love that was taken by my daughter K who is serving in Ghana in the Peace Corps...

it's her and a small friend


______________________________

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: