Friday, February 14, 2014

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small




FOR TODAY

Outside my window... it's still dark, and last night's brilliant full moon is out of sight.

I am thinking... that I need to get caught up on paperwork kinds of things... I've been getting a lot of things done around the house but paying bills and finishing up the taxes are still on the to-do list.

I am thankful... that this past week is behind us. It was a tough one...

In the kitchen... I should probably make dinner tonight, last night was take out pizza eaten while watching American Idol.

I am creating... a little music. I've discovered that I LOVE playing double jigs on the mandolin...

I am going... to schedule in some stay-home days next week. We had too many little time sucking errands this week, I felt like all we did was make little trips here and there. Unfortunately, today and tomorrow are more of the same....

I am reading... A Case for Solomon: Bobbie Dunbar and the Kidnapping That Haunted a Nation. It's a good, well thought out and researched book about an event I knew nothing about. Not only is the case itself interesting, it's made me think a lot about how very much has changed in the past 100 years in terms of how we understand and relate to children.

I am hoping... tomorrow goes well, we have a super busy day (Special Olympics basketball tournament as well as a concert in the evening) and we'll have S with us... which is always kind of a wild card.

I am looking forward to... Sunday (and hopefully a less stressful week!)

I am learning... The Sligo Chorus, a hornpipe that keep trying to twist my fingers up into knots.

Around the house... I'm keeping busy. ;) I've been working this past week on updating the kid's bathroom. Finding some drywall that had been ruined by moisture has slowed me down, but the room should be done and put back together later today. (Whew!)

One of my favorite things... my siblings (this should really be three of my favorite things!) we are all very different, and yet I feel such a connection to each of them. They are people I am blessed to know...

A peek into my day...


The view off my back porch  just four days ago...



What a difference a few days makes!

Today the temperature is supposed to be in the mid-high 50's with plenty of sunshine.

(Yesterday it was so warm we didn't even need jackets!)

Yay for crazy Colorado weather!


______________________________

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: