Thursday, February 27, 2014

When it rains...

It's not been a good week.

It's been one of those "if it can go wrong it will" sorts of weeks.

It probably started with my paint-the-classroom idea.

I'm still painting.

I can paint a whole bedroom in an afternoon. I work quick. This is only a 9x10 room... and I'm only painting two of the walls. But it's been one thing after another every step of the way... from the moldings that wouldn't come off, to the endless caulking it's needed, to the too-many-to-count coats of paint it's taking to make those tongue and groove walls white.



After three different primers (and three trips to Home Depot), I've finally managed to cover the bleed through on the walls. Now it's just a matter of a couple of coats of white over the primer.

(This is what finally got the job done!)



But, even with the complications this project seems to be taking an inordinately long time. Probably because I'm working a few minutes here and a few minutes there... Between M's unsettledness this week, and our running around here and there, I'm just not getting anything done.

Sigh...

And then there is the "rain".

My kitchen has been a bit wet the past couple of days... It started with M accidentally breaking the kitchen faucet the other evening. (He never dreamed if he leaned on it hard enough it would crack and we'd have a fountain!) Joe's been super busy at work so here's my repair.



(No, I'm not a plumber.)

It didn't stop the leak but at least it turned our "fountain" into more of a waterfall...

Well, actually, we don't have any water leaking from the faucet now at all because Joe turned the water to the house off. He turned it off because copper pipe that brings water up to the frig seems to be disintegrating, and the shut off valve on that pipe won't work. It started with one little pinhole leak in the pipe, grew to 9 little leaks just while he messed with it, and now the danger is that the whole pipe will crumble and flood the kitchen and basement. So, we have no water until he drives to town, buys new pipe, and replaces the whole thing.

I can't wait for this week to be over...

On the bright side... (there always has to be a bright side, you know)... we'll have a nice new pipe and valve bringing water to the frig... and I can finally replace the kitchen faucet that I've disliked since we moved in with something I like a lot better!





And you surely can't beat this morning's sunrise... :)





No comments: