Friday, March 28, 2014

*~* daybook *~*

simple-woman-daybook-small    
FOR TODAY
Outside my window... the sun has just come up, the sky is the palest blue... almost white... and the tiny shoots of green grass coming up everywhere are covered with frost.
I am thinking... how quickly K's visit has gone. She leaves tomorrow to go back to Ghana. :(
I am thankful... to have had this time with her, and for her safe travel.
In the kitchen... it's been either feast or famine. Feast = making enough food for an army for the open house we had for K. Famine = eating nothing but leftovers for days afterward because they needed to be eaten, and after all the cooking I did for the party, I really didn't feel like cooking anyway!
I am creating... I'm working on a "secret" project... trying to repair an old family piece of furniture that has been in pieces for years.
I am going... to town later to visit an elderly neighbor who has taken a bad fall. I think I'll bring him some spring flowers...
I am reading... The Lewis and Clark Journals... again... still. I don't know why I am so intrigued by them, but I just keep coming back to them again and again.
I am hoping... M and R settle down again soon. K's visit has been wonderful, but also hard on them, too much emotion, too much lack of structure and routine, too much out to eat, too much everything... they are both pretty fried.
I am looking forward to... more time (and a little warmer temps) to work in the garden... I'm ready to get some seeds into the ground!
Around the house... I'm done with my big indoor projects for the year. If it didn't get done by now it's going to have to wait until next winter. The guy is coming in about 10 days to drill the postholes for the new fence around the pumpkin patch. The kids and I have a lot of work to do before he comes, and then we have a fence to build!
A few plans for the rest of the week... a few last things to buy today before K heads back to Africa tomorrow, one last family dinner tomorrow before she leaves, and then a bit of resting up and getting back to normal time.
A favorite quote for today...
My little dog—a heartbeat at my feet.
-- Edith Wharton
A peek into my day....
Cody, a dog that knows how to snuggle in, after sneaking into the room where K is sleeping and curling up in her covers.
______________________________
Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: