Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I couldn't believe my eyes....

I'd never really known what that phrase meant until last night when K, our daughter who is serving in the Peace Corps in Ghana, "dropped in" on our family St Patrick's Day dinner. Our oldest daughter, E, was in on the surprise having arranged her travel and picked her up at the airport and brought her to the house. 

I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing when I first saw her... It was an amazing, emotional, evening 

 Here is R and baby E (our youngest granddaughter) and K... still teary faced from the reunion. 

` 

 K and baby E during dinner (corned beef, potatoes colcannon, and soda bread of course...) 

` 

 The two "partners in crime"... they worked very well together planning K's surprise appearance and keeping it a secret from everyone.

` 

 I may not be blogging much for the next couple of weeks (the length of K's stay) but I will try and pop in now and then and share some photos...

No comments: