Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A two Dr Pepper sort of day...

I don't drink coffee, and have never built up much tolerance for caffeine. A little caffeine goes a long way with me, and just a little more can keep me awake half the night... body tired, but thoughts buzzing with grand projects and inspirations...

So I limit myself to one soda (Dr Pepper!) a day. I only drink more if I think it's the only way I'm going to have the energy to make it through the day.

Today is likely to be a two Dr Pepper day.

I should have saved myself the trouble of getting ready for bed last night... tracking down sleep ended up being mostly an exercise in frustration.

I had a hard time getting to sleep because I was thinking about the car we're buying today. I'm definitely taking the road less traveled in buying this car... Instead of buying the newest car we can afford (never a new car, always a cross-your-fingers-and-hope-for-the-best used one) I'm buying an older car. On purpose. And hope I'm not throwing money away or buying trouble...

So I had a hard time getting to sleep... wondering if I was making the right decision.

Shortly after I fell asleep... M woke me up, feeling sick. I got him a Tums, sent him back to bed and (using my used car buying strategy) crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.

An hour later he was up again, stomach unhappy... threatening to erupt.

False alarm... back to bed... sleep a little more.

An hour or so later... M is up again... truly sick this time. His stomach rejects every single thing he's put in it...

He's been up two of the last three night vomiting... his gastroparesis is seriously not happy right now. Today will be a challenge of convincing him to eat lightly, to not overload his angry stomach... even while he angrily insists he's fine now... and hungry.

His stomach finally starting to settle....M showers... better, but still calling out how bad he feels, needing reassurance that he's ok. Then, freshly clean and back to bed, M goes back to sleep while I scrub and sanitize the bathroom...

As I get in bed and try again to sleep I hear the first birds chirping outside the bedroom window and realize that morning is almost here.

It's the beginning of a two Dr Pepper sort of day...


5 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

So sorry to hear about your rough night. I pray that your car buying goes well and becomes a blessing for you.

Hoping that today goes much better.

Jackie Dickie said...

Oh, what a miserable night! I hate to have those nights when I can't shut my brain off and to have M sick on top of that... I hope today is better and you have fun buying the "new"car. I know how much you enjoy the bargaining process.

SteveC said...

What a brutal nights sleep. I bet you sleep well tonight!
I have the odd Dr Pepper too. It probably the only soft drink I drink.

Lynn said...

So sorry to hear abt your night. Yes I'd say it will be a 2 Dr Pepper day!!!! I hear you abt hoping abt the car. We are in the same position. Normally we go for the pre owned certified, but we are going off grid with this new one! I feel like it's a disposable car, but if it only lasts 6 months we will still be ahead of the game.... Hope all goes well in your car search.

Liese4 said...

Sorry to hear about M, hope he's on the mend.