Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Monday

Crazy Casa K

What makes me happy?

A picture I found on craiglist...



I'm car (van) shopping and found this photo in an ad... the old VW buses are one of my favorite cars. I used to have a 1972 baby blue one, my Dad had a 1965(ish) camper very similar to the second van from the right in this photo.

I'm not shopping for an old VW van... I'd have to take out a second mortgage to afford one, and it wouldn't be practical at all, even if I had the money... but the photo of those old vans, the bright colors, the mountains in the background, just makes me happy.

(How much do you want to bet the photo was taken in Boulder??) 

3 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

My parents had a VW bus...until my father flipped it driving back from Kansas. I still have that scar.

I would need to learn to drive a stick if I got one...but it would probably drive my car crazy neighbor nuts.

SteveC said...

I remember Dads camper. I'd love to have it.

Maybe this one will suit you, but then it needs a bit of work...

http://cars.trovit.com/index.php/cod.frame/url.http%253A%252F%252Fwww.thesamba.com%252Fvw%252Fclassifieds%252Fdetail.php%253Fid%253D1637755/id_ad.17A1YtN5s1d/what_d.vw%20camper%20colorado/origin.2/section.1/section_type.1/pop.1

Jackie Dickie said...

I loved the red van I had. I think it was a '70's model. I have such fond memories of my girls and me zipping down the highway singing at the tops of our voices. Alas, it went through 3 engines within a year and the hubby said, "No more". It was a great ride tho, and I would love to have another one.