Monday, June 2, 2014

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small




FOR TODAY (tonight... written Sunday evening)

Outside my window... The sun is just going down, the mountains to the west are jagged silhouettes, back lit by the pink and orange of the evening's sunset.

I am thinking... how beautiful the sunset is, and how blessed I am to only have to look up to see it.

I am thankful... that the weekend is over, it was a busy, frustrating, emotional one. 

In the kitchen... plenty of fresh eggs! The chickens are laying like crazy, and we're overflowing with eggs! 

I am creating... I hope I am creating memories, a feeling of belonging, of being loved, of being valued... in S, who has grown up in foster care, and is aging out of the system with no family of her own. 

I am going... to sleep well tonight, it's been a looooong day.

I am reading... To Kill A Mockingbird... I hadn't read it in decades and decided it was past time. What an amazing book...

A favorite quote:


I am hoping... S had a good weekend. It was her graduation weekend, and I tried to make it special for her... I hope I succeeded.

I am looking forward to... spending time with my brother Loren next week!

Around the house... it's been kind of a mess lately because I've been spending so much time working outside. I did clean for S's graduation get-together today, it's nice to have it finally looking a little better around here again. 

One of my favorite things... the beginning of a new week, all the days spread out before us, full of possibilities and opportunities.

A few plans for the rest of the week... get a new windshield in my new (old) car, have a wonderful visit with Loren, and finish the week with a guided hike at the rec center: Botany of the Ute Native Americans

A peek into my day... E (dd#1) and her family were here today and after they left I noticed some of the tiny peg people hiding in my kitchen.





 I'm not sure how many are hidden, but I'm keeping my eyes open for more little hiding ninjas...




Here's a "ginger ninja"



______________________________

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

Renee Nefe said...

while I'm sure you can come up with some ways to use up your eggs with company coming, you can also freeze them.

:D good luck hunting ninjas.