Monday, June 16, 2014

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small




FOR TODAY

Outside my window... the day is just waking up. The wispy clouds along the horizon are purple with the sunrise that hasn't yet cleared the horizon. A line of deer is silently walking, grazing, across the back pasture.

I am thinking... that it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day.

I am thankful... for a new day.

In the kitchen... lots of cooking for Father's Day yesterday, and Joe's birthday later in the week! Last night I made him blackened salmon (with baked potatoes and caesar salad), his birthday dinner will be lasagna with mud cake for dessert. 

I am creating... a little music, but not as much as I'd like since there is so much outside work to do this time of year. 

I am going... outside in a few minutes to continue the battle of the purple thistles. Each summer they grow, trying to take over my pasture... and each summer I cut them down trying to get rid of them. I'd like to say I've got them on the run... but I don't think so... maybe someday.  

I am reading... The Art of Racing in the Rain a book I missed reading when it first came out... It's been good, although sad, so far. 

I am hoping... today is a better day with M. He's been getting so stuck on things lately, my patience is wearing thin...

I am looking forward to... a nice quiet week... without (at this point!) a single, (a SINGLE!), doctor appointment! 

Around the house... no new house projects right now. I am painting a bed frame for E (dd#1) with some Annie Sloan paint, hopefully I can get it done today.

One of my favorite things... hearing the birds singing, squabbling, chirping, and squawking each morning. I love the busy bird community right outside my window... 

A few plans for the rest of the week... the kids have an RCC meeting on Tuesday, and Wednesday we see Granny, Joe's birthday is Thursday, and Friday is wide open! 

A peek into my day...

Purple thistle... my nemesis.




______________________________

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: