Monday, June 23, 2014

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small





FOR TODAY


Outside my window... the sun is up, the sky is blue, it looks like another beautiful summer day.


I am thinking... or more specifically, I am trying not to think about the situation with S... her foster care placement is deteriorating and I worry where they will move her.


I am thankful... for my children's long finalized adoptions which spared them the miseries of foster care.


In the kitchen... I should probably cook something. I haven't done much cooking this weekend, we've been on the run a lot.


I am creating... right now, this minute? I'm trying to create a sense of belonging for S, of being loved and lovable. Not an easy task with a young person who has lived the life she's lived...


I am going... to have to get going on a mountain of laundry that's piled up. Surely we'll all run out of clothes soon if I don't get busy!


I am reading... 1776 by David McCullough... I love a good history book!


I am hoping... for a miracle for S... a good foster or group home, a dedicated case worker, and people in her life who love her.


I am looking forward to... a mostly stay home day today.


Around the house... no projects going on right now, I've been busy outside with our barn and garden work and have also been taking care of a neighbor's horses.


A favorite quote for today... "I shall offer you a sacrifice of thanksgiving...." Psalm 116:17


A few plans for the rest of the week... So far the week looks fairly quiet... I'll probably take S back to her foster home today, tomorrow we have dentist appointments, and Thursday we'll be working at the thrift store. The rest of the week we'll probably be hanging pretty close to home...


A peek into my day evening....

Kids finally in bed, lights mostly off, tea pot (blue light) heating up water for a last cup of tea... the kitchen in the quiet of the evening.



...and the dining room with my reflection... doubled for some reason... in the window.



______________________________


Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: