Monday, July 7, 2014

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small




FOR TODAY

Outside my window... I hear the rhythmic sound of the sprinkler watering the garden, the magpies (and their babies) making a racket over something, and the the teapot heating water for my first cup of tea. 

I am thinking... about S. She's still here... partially my decision... they would have moved her last week (in a hurried way, with no transition, to a home too far away to visit) but I told them it was ok to take a little more time to find the best fit possible.

I am thankful... for these few minutes of peace before everyone wakes up.

In the kitchen... after a super busy week last week (and not much cooking) I'm looking forward to being home more this week, and having more time to make good meals.

I am going... up to the Health Sciences Center later for M's appointment with the spine doc. Hopefully (HOPEFULLY!) he'll get the ok to stop wearing his back brace. Hopefully (HOPEFULLY!) it's good news, that his back is healing properly.

I am wondering... if there is a reason I wasn't able to sleep last night and felt so strongly that I needed to pray for a person I used to know.

I am reading... The Good House, and O Pioneers! (by Willa Cather). I picked up the first book at the library yesterday just for a light read, I started Willa Cather a few days ago... her books are "comfort" reads for me.

I am hoping... they find a good home for S soon.

I am learning... patience, and that M and R can be very resilient when they have to be.

In the garden... the pumpkins are really starting to take off, the onions, peppers and tomatoes look good... but have been slow. I think all our cool, wet weather has slowed them down.

One of my favorite things...

Peonies.... they remind me of my mom...



This was the best year yet for my peonies... we had so many blooms!


A few plans for the rest of the week... we need to get down to Castle Rock and get new glasses ordered for both M and R, work at the thrift store, M's doctor appointment and S's case in court both this morning (we aren't going to court) and maybe... if I'm lucky... a little time to get caught up on all the yard work that hasn't been getting done lately!!



______________________________

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: