Monday, July 28, 2014

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small




FOR TODAY

Outside my window... the sun is going down... the sky looks a lot like the new header photo I added the other day.

I am thinking... about not much... just enjoying the winding down part of the day.

I am thankful...for such a lovely cool evening, a nice thick blanket will feel good on the bed tonight.

In the kitchen... I've been cooking more now that the weather has cooled (and M's gastroparesis is flaring up again). Tonight was "summer chicken salad" a good summer dinner recipe.

I am creating... I'm working on an outdoor building project... I hope it turns out.

I am going... to bed early tonight, I didn't sleep well last night and I'm tired.

I am wondering... if S is still doing well in her new foster home. If I don't hear from her soon, I'll call. 

I am reading... I started reading the new Chris Bohjalian book, Close Your Eyes, Hold Hands but didn't like it, so I'm reading a Sandra Dallas book I've never read: The Chili Queen.

I am hoping...to get a fair amount done outside tomorrow, today was mostly planning.

Around the house... I'm not keeping up very well, I'm spending too much time outside to get much done... although I did finally refinish the dining room table leaf. I refinished the table months ago, but put off refinishing the leaf until just the other day. It's good to have it done...

A favorite quote:

My sister posted this and I thought it was lovely...

Photo: http://goo.gl/GFVxSg

A few plans for the rest of the week... working outside on my little building project, working at the thrift store, and a Special Olympics fundraiser on Saturday.

A peek into my day...

Plans and notes... the first steps of a building project:






______________________________

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: