Monday, September 15, 2014

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small




FOR TODAY
September 15, 2014

Outside my window... it's dark with just a few house lights, tiny because of the distance, twinkling on the hills behind us.

I am thankful... for my children and grandchildren's health and safety. With both B (dd#2) and K (dd#3) so far from home, I sometimes worry and am always so thankful for their safe travels.

In the kitchen... we're having to be careful about what we eat because M is getting over another flare-up of his gastroparesis, but the homemade chicken noodle soup last night was good, and I've got some overripe bananas just waiting to be turned into banana bread!

I am creating... I'm working on several little projects, including a small fold up desk (made from a desk drawer) to hang on M's wall.  Hopefully I'll have some photos soon...

I am going... to the post office today to mail daughter K's birthday package. Her birthday isn't until next month, but it takes a looooong time to get packages to Ghana.

I am reading... my favorite book (again!), The Awakening Land by Conrad Richter. Reading it is like coming home to old friends...

I am hoping... the shingling (is that a word?) I'm doing on the shed goes well today. It is far out of my comfort zone, but has to be done...

I am looking forward to... finishing the last of the summer projects. I hate leaving things half done, and after last week's snow I'm not counting on another month of warm weather to get everything finished.

I am learning...a few new skills in the building of my little garden shed.

Around the house... I've been fall cleaning. Some people spring clean, but not me...I"m always in too big a hurry to get outside and start playing in the dirt... but I do like to fall clean, getting everything shiny and clean as we begin the "inside" months. 

One of my favorite things... my little fitbit, what an awesome way to work on being more fit!

A few plans for the rest of the week... besides finishing up the shed, I need to get wood preservative on the deck railings, and run some errands in town. M and R have several activities this week as well, so it will be a busy one.

A peek into my day...

This is an ugly, awkward table I bought at the thrift store for a few dollars... it looks bad now but I've got plans for it....  :)




______________________________

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: