Friday, September 12, 2014

early snow

It wasn't unexpected... I'd seen the predictions, even several months ago, that we were going to have a cold, snowy winter.

And the forecast yesterday was clear... snow possible, especially early Friday morning.

But I was still a little surprised to wake up to this lovely light snowfall...



I covered my pumpkin patch last night... just in case.

I'm glad I did...



Just last week I was working outside, sweating in 90 degree heat... Last night, when the temperature in the house dropped down to 56, I turned the heat on.



It's early for a snow... even just a dusting, but it's pretty....



... and by the weekend, we should be back up in the 70's and enjoying the sunshine again.



1 comment:

Dawn said...

OMG, not snow already. That is my fear too. We have it predicted in the next two weeks. I still have a few perennials to get in the ground, so it looks like I better get hopping. I'm your newest follower :)