Thursday, September 11, 2014

It's within a smidge...

... of being done.

My secret project... the garden shed... that is.

The last time I posted about it, it was roofless... and I was whining about needing to make yet another trip to Home Depot... this time for roofing supplies.



I sincerely appreciated Virginia's comment to that post, suggesting trash bags and duct tape would make a lovely and rustic roof for my little shed...

... but I decided to bite the bullet and drive down to town AGAIN and buy a 4x8 sheet of OSB instead and make it a little more substantial than trash bag plastic.

I trimmed the sheet to fit the shed roof and R and I pulled out the ladders and maneuvered it into place. She held it steady while I put the first few screws in, then she left me to finish it off.

Once the OSB was firmly attached to the framing, I cut and stapled down some tar paper and breathed a sigh of relief to have the interior of the shed protected from the weather while we were gone on our trip to Nebraska.



And that's where I need to pick up again and finish the shed off... it's SO close. I need to buy shingles and finish the roof, and then all that's left is organizing the inside... a few hooks to hang things on and probably a small shelf.



The weather is cold and wet here, so I doubt I'll get to the shingles until next week... as soon as the shed completely done I'll post a few final "after" pictures.

1 comment:

Renee from A Baker's Dozen said...

That little shed is beautiful! I would love to have one of those!