Wednesday, September 10, 2014

We're back!

Yes, we left for our trip to NE, despite M being sick the night before. (Miserable gastroparesis!) I had decided not to go (about the time I posted this), thinking M just wasn't well enough... but as the day went on he seemed better, so we decided to just go for it and hope for the best.



It was a good trip... I got to visit with my niece and her family, and with my cousin who recently moved back to NE after living in Denver for many years. We did a little thrifting, went out to eat (a lot!), and really enjoyed our visit. We only stayed a couple of days but it was good to connect with family I don't get to see very often.

It was good to get home though too (why does home always look SO good after being gone?) although I don't think anyone was as happy as Cody was when he finally realized we had turned onto our road and were almost home again.



The past couple of days I've been busy catching up on work that didn't get done while we were gone (and while I was working on the shed) but things are started to feel caught up again. I should also post an update on the shed, and another project I'm working on... I'll do that soon.

Enjoy the day! (and stay warm and dry if you're in Colorado... it's cooooold this morning!)

No comments: