Friday, October 17, 2014

beautiful fall day

Today was a beautiful, absolutely perfect, fall day.

I should have been inside working on redoing the rush seats on my daughter's ladder back chairs...



...but it was just too pretty outside to stay in the house so I gave my little garden shed a much needed coat of wood preservative instead.

I hadn't realized how much the cedar had already dried out and faded until I started brushing the preservative on and saw how the wood woke up again...





An hour later and the whole shed just glowed...



(I don't know why I can't hold a camera level!)

Anyway... once the shed was done... and I laid a few paving stones I'd been thinking we needed up the hill in the backyard..

I was finally ready to head back inside... to get back to work on the chairs again.

It really needs to snow so I can stop playing working outside!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your day instead of doing the chairs- they can wait. I was just bragging about your shed to Brenda!