Monday, October 20, 2014

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small


FOR TODAY

October 20, 2014

Outside my window... it's dark, the sun has set and the moon is just a tiny crescent, so it's very dark. I can hear the wind chimes being tossed about by the wind...

I am thinking... how it's nice to feel so peaceful and relaxed after a busy day, and unsettled (M) evening.

I am thankful... for a quiet house.

In the kitchen... I cooked up a big pot of beans today and made a batch of bean and cheese burritos to freeze for easy lunches. Mmmm....

I am creating... I've got a little project I'm playing around with, mostly just using up scraps of 2x4's left over from the garden fence. If it turns out to be anything, I'll tell you about it... (but for now it's just a bunch of carefully measured and cut pieces of 2x4 sitting in a wheelbarrow!)

I am wondering... if M is going to sleep tonight. He's been up off and on sick at night for the past week or so. (Gastroparesis flare...) I do hope he sleeps tonight....

I am reading... The Home Place by Carrie La Seur. It's probably a very good book, but I've only had time (and wakefulness) to read a page or two each day so it's taking me a while to get into it....

I am hoping... everything goes well at M's appointment at the spine clinic tomorrow. He's having an injection into his back to try and ease the pain of his (still!) fractured vertebra.

In the garden.... the kitchen garden is cleaned out and ready for winter. I picked the last of the pumpkins just today, and will leave the pumpkin patch gate open for the deer to clean up the last of the vines. The raspberries are still producing like crazy... ;)

Around the house... we've got exciting stuff going on... (there is a hint below, and I'll post all the details soon)

One of my favorite things... the tail end of the day, children asleep, dinner finished and cleaned up, nothing on the agenda but a nice cup of tea and a little read before bed.

A few plans for the rest of the week...M's appointment at the spine clinic tomorrow is the BIGGEST thing on the calendar, but we've also got a regular RCC meeting, RCC book club, and an RCC service project this week. Whew! R has a uke lesson on Wednesday, and Thursday we're working at the thrift store... busy week!

A peek into my day...

This is my living room last week, torn apart for a little upgrade... stay tuned for a "finished" shot of the same space!


______________________________

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

Jackie Dickie said...

Oh my goodness! Whatever are you doing to the living room? Fireplace?