Wednesday, October 22, 2014

go ahead... bring it on!

I'm ready for you Winter.

Yes, you got me good last year... my nose ran, and I goosebumped and shivered through the Arctic cold you threw at us at the same time my boiler decided to quit working.



You couldn't have waited with the sub-zero temps just a few days?! It's not like the boiler was broken for a month... you couldn't have given us just a few days to get that boiler fixed before you dumped Antarctica's weather on us?



I laugh in your face this year though Winter. I'm one step ahead of you... and I have a secret weapon.

It's this...



.... a newly installed, 87% efficient, toasty warm, wood stove.





No, the 1970's pre-fab fireplace that Annie and Carl put in so long ago couldn't keep up with your Arctic cold spells, and neither could our ancient boiler.



But we've got you now...



Go ahead, Winter my friend, bring it on... give it your best shot.. you won't catch us napping this year! (Or maybe you will...but just a quick one in the warmth of the woodstove.)





2 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

Congrats! It looks like you could fill a kettle to keep on the stove to provide humidity and a cup of tea. ;)

Renee Nefe said...

wondering if I could talk hubby into changing out our unused gas fireplace for a stove?!?! probably not as he doesn't like the smell of burning wood...we don't use the gas fireplace as the smell from it is worse!