Monday, November 10, 2014

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small




FOR TODAY

November 10, 2014

Outside my window... right now, this minute; the sun is up, the sky is a gorgeous crystal blue, and the temperature is comfortable (high 30's)... that's supposed to change by lunchtime though, when our first deep freeze of the season settles in. 

I am thinking... about the last of the cold weather preparations I've been finishing up this morning at the barn... I can't think of anything I've forgotten. I hope there is nothing I've forgotten. (Everything is 100 times harder when the temperature is 10 degrees versus 40 degrees!)

I am thankful... for a barn full of hay, a pantry full of food, and a nice pile of firewood. 

In the kitchen... there is nothing exciting going on, although I did do a little baking yesterday. It's nice to have a full cookie jar. 

I am creating... a little music... and it's lovely. I badly cut the index finger of my left hand a few weeks ago, and it's almost impossible to play the mandolin with that fingertip steri-stripped together (yes, I tried) and it's almost as difficult to play without using my index finger (yes, I tried that too).... so I was forced to neglect my mando for a couple of weeks and I missed it terribly. My finger is all healed up now though, and I'm working on learning a couple of new/old Turlough O'Carolan tunes.

I am reading... The Hardest Peace by Kara Tippetts. I stumbled across her blog not long ago, and shortly after had to buy her book. It's not a light read, but I think her story deserves to be told...

I am learning... two O'Carolan tunes: Bumper Squire Jones, and Carolan's Welcome 

Around the house... I'm still getting used to the wood stove, and using it to keep the place warm. So far it's been wonderful, I love the warmth (our house tends to be cold) and the stove is super easy to keep burning. This week will be a good test though... I hope it can keep up with single digit temps. 

One of my favorite things... sunshine, streaming through the kitchen windows in the morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week... the blower is scheduled to be installed on the woodstove tomorrow, we'll be working at the thrift store on Thursday, and Friday I think M is planning a poker night with a few of his friends. 

A peek into my day...

My kitchen window.... appreciating the sun before the cold.





______________________________

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: