Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just a quick post as I'm busy preparing for my favorite holiday of the year...

I've got rolls and pies to bake, and S needs to be picked up and brought home. (Yes, she decided she wanted to spend Thanksgiving here. :)

So I'm off to cook and I'll leave you with his photo....



It's me holding daughter B (now 30) with my Mom and my brother Loren, back in 1985. It's the first Thanksgiving dinner I cooked and I was so proud to pull out Grandma's china and host the meal.

Siblings... let's talk or skype sometime in the next few days, ok?

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

SteveC said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Great picture. I would have been in the Navy in California when it was taken.

A skype sounds good. I'll be at the girlfriends on saturday so either friday or Sunday maybe?

Renee Nefe said...

Wishing you a very blessed Thanksgiving also!

85 was the year that my mom had to work on Thanksgiving in the morning. So she had me make the entire meal (she made the gravy) and when the family came over she took credit for making everything. I'm not even sure if she said that I helped. LOL This year, since I'm injured, kiddo will get the credit for our meal.

Jackie Dickie said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all have a wonderful day! A Skype sounds good to me, too. I'm not sure what my schedule looks for the next couple of days.
Love the pic