Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Hmmm.... that looks familiar

I was in Home Goods yesterday, searching the clearance area (of course...) and was surprised to find a wood and iron firewood rack.  (Yes, the top of the rack is cut off in this picture, there were people around and I couldn't get a longer shot at it. ;)



It was very much like the one Joe and I built a few weeks ago, although it only has one iron bar coming up on either side and going across the top. (Would that be as stable for holding firewood?) The bottom was even stained dark like mine...



Here's a picture of the firewood holder we made for comparison...



The one at Home Goods is longer, and not as wide... but I like ours better... it was made to fit nicely in the space next to the fireplace.



I also like the price of ours better, it cost about $30. and used up some scrap wood that had been laying around for months being an eyesore...

Even on clearance I couldn't have afforded the Home Goods one... Yikes, that a lot of money for something to hold firewood!



I love DIY...

4 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

Now look how much you could have sold yours for! :D

I like yours much better also.

Jackie Dickie said...

Yours is much better. Maybe you should go into business!

Virginia said...

Make more of those puppies and sell them.

Maura said...

I'd be tempted to make and sell them, except that would take all the fun out of it. I get bored easily, making it once is fun... having to make it is work! ;)