Thursday, November 6, 2014

scenes of a morning...

Quiet week here... The calendar is (very deliberately) empty and the days seem to have a better flow to them... not as frenetic as some of the busy weeks lately have seemed.

I took the camera with me as I headed out this morning to do the barn work so I could catch a little of the wonderful ordinariness of the day.

Out the door... sun isn't quite up yet... I love the silhouettes of the trees on the horizon.



Tucker, waiting patiently at the gate... wondering why I'm standing there with a shiny, beeping, scary thing instead of feeding him.



Murphy, who has no patience for photos before breakfast, gets his breakfast before photos... because he doesn't have the patience of a donkey.... and will paw the ground obsessively until he's fed!

Yes, he has me trained.



Pumpkin patch, half tilled, looking ahead to next spring's planting... the old holey water troughs are going to be repurposed as "raised beds" among the lower growing pumpkins.



A nest in the smoke tree, hidden by leaves until now...



The first chicken out of the coop in the morning... it's Lili, of course... the hen who's always sure (comically sure) she's starving and the other hens are getting more than she is.



Then back inside to the blazing woodstove (blazing to burn off the creosote from having the fire banked through the night)....



...and today's project. The dining room chair that broke a few months ago. I've put off fixing it because I was hoping (and still hope) to be able to fix it without tearing off the rush seat I put on just a year ago or so...



I've taken it apart and hope to use wood glue, and a little of that oak dowel, to repair it so I can put it back together.



Wishing you a wonderfully ordinary day to enjoy the beauty of the season...

No comments: