Monday, February 2, 2015

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small




FOR TODAY

February 2, 2015

Outside my window... the sun isn't up yet, so it's cold and dark. Yesterday's snow is thick on the ground, but the forecast has me looking forward to sun and warmth today.

I am thinking... about an email I just received from M's previous pdoc. It was unexpected, and thoughtful of her to send. It brings back memories of the many years she was part of his life.

I am thankful... for the warm spot in front of the fire where I'm sitting to write this, and a quiet house in which to gather my thoughts.

In the kitchen... cookies are king. I've been baking a lot lately, but the cookie jar just keeps emptying. This morning I'm going to make Joe's mom's favorite cookie recipe... I hope they taste like they do when she makes them.

I am creating... a little music on my mando when I get a chance. Last night I twisted my fingers up on some jigs and reels (always so fun) but I do love playing the old O'Carolan tunes as well. 

I am reading... Same Kind of Different As Me... a book my niece reviewed on her blog a while ago. After reading her review I wanted to read the book and she was nice enough to share... 

I am hoping... the steroid injection M is having in his back tomorrow goes well and he gets some pain relief.

I am looking forward to... a peaceful low-key day today. The weekend was a busy one, and it will be nice to have a quieter day today.

Around the house... I'm finishing up the last few odds and ends in my blue sky bathroom. I'd be done by now except I can't find my little jar of finishing nails, so can't finish up the toe kick on the vanity. All I need are four finishing nails, and I can't find them anywhere. Sigh, I guess I'm going to have to make another trip to Home Depot.

A few plans for the rest of the week...a quiet day today, but lots of doctor appointments later in the week, R's new martial arts class on Wednesday. Finishing the week is a poker party M is hosting, and a trip to the Pace Center to see "The Wizard of Oz". 

A photo to share:

I found these sunrise photos on my camera the other day, I can't remember when I took them but I'm so glad I found them again.

~Prairie Sunrise~



______________________________

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: