Monday, March 16, 2015

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small




FOR TODAY

March 16, 2015

Outside my window... the sun's gone down and the moon is such a tiny crescent that the night is very dark... the only lights I see are the reflections coming from inside the house.

I am thinking... that it's good Cody is eating his dinner, he didn't feel well last night and didn't eat.

I am thankful... for this quiet end-of-the-day time

In the kitchen...we had our St Patrick's Day dinner this evening: corned beef (turkey for M), potatoes colcannon and soda bread for dinner... yum

I am creating... (hopefully) a useful piece of furniture from that old cabinet I brought home last week. It's been a bit of a fight so far, but things seem to finally be coming together.

I am going... to bed shortly, I'm tired.

I am wondering... if M will be more settled tomorrow, he's had a rough couple of weeks... a good day would be lovely.

I am reading... Full Body Burden, by Kristen Iverson (again). Both Joe and I grew up in Arvada, during the same time she writes about, and her story of the cover-ups at Rocky Flats is both fascinating and frightening.  
I am looking forward to...dinner out with Joe tomorrow night while the kids are at a first aid class in town. 

Around the house... the mudroom is finished, and I should be painting the main bathroom (which has an interesting mix of sample paint colors on the walls right now) but instead I'm playing with the little cupboard... knowing the bathroom will still be there when I'm done playing.

In the garden... I raked the winter's worth of leaves and debris from the front and back yards over the weekend. I cleaned the leaves from the berry patch and the strawberry planters and have started cleaning out the flower beds. Everything looks so much better raked and cleaned out...

A favorite quote for today... "a glad heart is excellent medicine"

A few plans for the rest of the week... a busy week, especially for R. After the first aid class tomorrow, she has ukulele and karate lessons on Wednesday, Thursday is her volunteer day at the equine center, (and thrift store work for M) and Friday we're hoping to catch a movie with friends. 

A peek into my day...



We watched Waking Ned Devine this evening... the kids love the little naked man on the motorbike.






______________________________

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: