Tuesday, April 14, 2015

working down the list...

I seem to have somehow ended up with several projects that were "almost" finished, but for one reason or another need just one or two more things to be complete...

Like the potting bench that still, after two weeks, didn't have a finished top...




Or the little glove crate in the mudroom that after a month, still didn't have a handle...



But despite the several mostly finished projects, the other evening I found myself sketching plans for yet another little something I'd like to build. (Apparently my attention span isn't long enough these days to completely finish what I start before wanting to move on to something else...)

When I thought about all the little bits and pieces of things I needed to finish up, I decided I wouldn't let myself start one more thing until I'd completed all the "almost finished" ones. So that's what I've been working on...

Yesterday I finished the top of the potting bench. I ended up covering it with tin...



... and adding a handle to each bin door.



I like how it turned out... and that the plywood I used for the lids is now protected from the elements.


Cross that one off the list.


Today I'll be adding the handle to the glove crate (cross another off the list!)...




... and freecycling the old metal patio table that ended up homeless when I cleaned off our little flagstone patio.

Little by little I'll get that list knocked down to nothing...





... because I really want to start that new project!

1 comment:

Renee Nefe said...

one day I should do that. :-/ make a list of projects that is.