Sunday, May 10, 2015

*~*daybook*~*

simple-woman-daybook-small




FOR TODAY

May 10, 2015

Outside my window... it's dark, and cold, but it's not snowing heavily the way it was last night at this time. I'm happy for the calm weather and the promise of sun tomorrow.

I am thinking... about this next week, trying to prioritize what has to get done versus what would be nice to get done.

I am thankful... for my lovely Mother's Day, gifts, dinner out with almost the whole family (K is still in Ghana) and then some time to visit with B at home after dinner. It was such a nice day...

In the kitchen...no cooking today, for sure. I'll be starting a crock pot full of spaghetti sauce in the morning for tomorrow's dinner.

I am reading...I'm just finishing Alaska by James Michener (only 10 pages left!)... what a great read it's been!

I am hoping... the pain relief M's getting from the steroid injection he got last week continues, it's wonderful to see him comfortable and struggling with pain.

I am looking forward to... a concert the kids and I are going to on Sunday at the Pace Center... it should be very good. 

Around the house... I've been working on the back porch, which was sadly in need of attention. I cleaned and sanded the floor boards, then strained and treated them with wood preservative. Now I'm replacing the top rail on the south side of the porch... it was so old and weathered that I decided it was time for it to go.  

In the garden... everything is looking a bit battered and beat down. We had a wet heavy snow yesterday through this morning, and a good freeze last night. I haven't planted much, knowing we're still at risk for cold weather, but the fruit trees were all in bloom and my peonies were heavy with buds... I do hope they still open.

One of my favorite things...spending time with my "big" girls... they are all such lovely young women.

A few plans for the rest of the week... I need to finalize R's graduation ceremony and get the announcements out, and get all the paperwork ready for her transition into adult DD services, both she and M have volunteering commitments this week, and I really would like to get the back porch done. (I've been working on it for two weeks... the rain keeps interrupting me!)  

A peek into my day...

A baby bunny I found hiding in the garden shed...



...is there anything cuter?







______________________________

Visit Peggy's blog for more about The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

Renee Nefe said...

awwwe! I wish we still had bunnies, but the neighbor's outdoor cat ran them all off. At least the cat is cute and she likes to nap in my flower BED. ;)